Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Plan

I have always been somewhat of a timid and self-conscious person inside.  I think I could probably have gone farther in life already but that I often hold myself back.  This is true even in my film production work where although I love what I do, I am so sharply aware of the flaws and my inexperience that I hinder myself from reaching higher.

This year I decided it was time to go for it, as far as my film dreams are concerned.  I’m still realistic enough to feel that I shouldn’t dive into some attempt to raise funds and complete a feature film, but toward that end I am going to make four short films in 2014.  The goal is to make these films of a caliber that together they create a portfolio which inspires confidence in people who might consider investing in a feature-length project in 2015.

I now have a solid circle of like-minded friends with the talents to pull this off, and with the presence of websites like Kickstarter and IndieGoGo, some basic funding will help with any costs associated with the project.  And even before all four films get finished, each successive film should generate enthusiasm for the one after it.

That’s the plan, anyway.

No comments: